How to make an appointment
Appointments can also be made by online booking, telephone or fax.
Complete our online booking form
Call 03 6234 3936
Or ask your GP to fax a referral to 03 6223 8885
We will contact you after receiving your online booking or fax to arrange an appointment time. Please arrive a few minutes early to allow time for collection of information by our staff.
What to bring to your initial consultation
- GP or emergency specialist referral letter
- Medicare card
- Private health insurance details
- Workcover or MAIB claim number (if applicable)
- X-rays - please note hard copies of these need to be collected from the radiology service where they were taken.
- Mr Einoder happily sees patients who are uninsured for an assessment and discussion of treatment options.
- After your assessment, if surgery is recommended a quote can be obtained for self-funding a procedure through the private system. Every effort will be made to provide an accurate preoperative estimation. It takes into account the expected operative findings, procedure to be performed and length of stay. Additional costs may be incurred during your admission.
- Alternatively, you can request to be referred to the Orthopaedic clinic at the Royal Hobart Hospital to be placed on the public waiting list. Mr Einoder conducts an outpatient clinic at the Royal Hobart Hospital on a regular basis.
- Consultation policy
Consultation fees are settled on the day of your appointment.
EFTPOS is available.
Mr Einoder may charge an additional fee for emergency or out-of-hours consultations.
- Surgical fees
Mr Einoder has an agreement with most health funds to charge a “known gap” for procedures. The gap is calculated at the time of booking surgery.
Patient out-of-pocket expenses are minimised through this arrangement.
A financial consent form will be provided during your consultation.
Initial Consult fee
MBS item no. 104: $170
Medicare rebate $73.85*
*With a valid referral
Subsequent Consult fees
MBS item no. 105: $80
Medicare rebate $37.15*
*With a valid referral
- Consulting rooms are open 8am to 4pm most weekdays.
- Mr Einoder sees patients at 69 Davey St every Tuesday and Thursday.
- Our clinic address is 69 Davey St, Hobart, immediately adjacent to St. Helens Hospital.
- One hour metered parking is available outside. Change is available from reception.
- Level access is through the rear of the building. Please advise if required and the door will be opened in anticipation of your arrival.
- Disabled parking is also available at the rear.
Where does Mr Einoder operate
- Hobart Private Hospital
Mr Einoder has scheduled operating sessions at Hobart Private Hospital each Monday and Wednesday.
24 hour Emergency theatre access is also available.
Hobart Private Hospital is conveniently co-located with the Royal Hobart Hospital in the centre of Hobart. A co-location agreement between the hospitals allows direct access to intensive care services if required.
- Royal Hobart Hospital
Mr Einoder has a weekly operating session at the Royal Hobart Hospital.
After-hours emergency surgery is performed when on-call.